A deposit is what you pay upfront when you rent a property. You only get a deposit back if the property is left clean and tidy. This is where end-of-tenancy cleaning comes in – it’s a thorough cleaning of the rental property to ensure that it’s in the best possible condition before handing back the keys.
End of Tenancy Cleaning in Northampton
Moving out of a rental property can be a stressful time. Not only do you have to worry about packing up all your belongings, but you also must make sure that the property is left clean and tidy for the next tenants. This is where end-of-tenancy cleaning comes in. An end-of-tenancy clean is a deep clean of the entire property, and it is often required by landlords or property managers as part of the tenancy agreement. Here’s what you need to know about end-of-tenancy cleaning.
What is End of Tenancy Cleaning?
End-of-tenancy cleaning is a thorough cleaning of a rental property at the end of a tenancy agreement. It is a deep cleaning of the entire property, including all rooms, appliances, and furnishings. The purpose of an end-of-tenancy clean is to ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition for the next tenants.
Why is End of Tenancy Cleaning Important?
End-of-tenancy cleaning is important for several reasons. First and foremost, landlords or property managers often require it as part of the tenancy agreement. If the property is not left in a clean and tidy condition, the landlord or property manager may withhold all or part of the tenant’s security deposit to cover the cost of cleaning.
In addition to being a requirement, end-of-tenancy is also important for hygiene and safety reasons. A thorough cleaning of the property can help to eliminate any bacteria, allergens, or other harmful substances king in the property. This is especially important if the previous tenants had pets or if anyone on the property had a medical condition.
What Does an End of Tenancy Clean Include?
An end-of-tenancy typically includes the following:
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, including the toilet, sink, shower, and bath
- Cleaning and disinfecting the kitchen, including the oven, hob, fridge, and freezer
- Cleaning and dusting all surfaces, including walls, ceilings, and floors
- Cleaning and polishing all mirrors and glass surfaces
- Vacuuming and/or mopping all floors
- Cleaning all windows, windowsills, and frames
- Cleaning and dusting all furnishings, including curtains and blinds
It’s important to note that the level of cleaning required may vary depending on the specific tenancy agreement. Some landlords or property managers may require additional cleaning tasks, such as steam cleaning carpets or cleaning the property’s exterior.
Why Should You Hire a Professional End-of-Tenancy Cleaner?
While it is possible to do an end-of-tenancy clean yourself, many tenants choose to hire a professional end-of-tenancy cleaner. There are several reasons for this:
- Professional end-of-tenancy cleaners have experience and expertise in deep cleaning rental properties. They know what areas to focus on and how to get the best results.
- Professional end-of-tenancy cleaners have access to professional-grade cleaning equipment and products. This can make a big difference in the quality of the clean.
- Hiring a professional end-of-tenancy cleaner can save you time and energy. Moving out of a rental property can be a busy and stressful time and hiring a cleaner can take one more thing off your to-do list.
If you choose to hire a professional end-of-tenancy, be sure to research and choose a reputable and experienced cleaning company.
In conclusion, end-of-tenancy cleaning is an important part of moving out of a rental property. Whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a professional, a thorough cleaning can help ensure that you get your full security deposit back and that the next tenants move into a clean and safe property.
If you need help or advice please call our team at 01604 791799
Book now and get your deposit back!