Keeping your bathroom clean is crucial for maintaining hygiene and a pleasant living environment. However, many people find it daunting to clean their bathrooms because of the numerous surfaces and cleaning products involved.
A clean bathroom not only eliminates unpleasant odours but also helps to prevent the spread of bacteria and germs. This article provides valuable tips on using appropriate cleaning products, handling different surfaces, and cleaning frequency.
By following these tips, you can achieve a sparkling and spotless bathroom with ease.
- Start by decluttering: Remove any items that don’t belong in the bathroom, such as clothes or toys.
- Make sure you have separate cloths for the toilet: We recommend a different coloured cloth for the toilet – i.e. red or pink.
- Spray surfaces with cleaning solution: Spray all surfaces with a cleaning solution, such as a bathroom cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and water. Let it sit for a few minutes to loosen any dirt or grime.
- Scrub surfaces: Use a scrub brush or sponge to clean all surfaces, including the toilet, sink, shower, and bath. Pay extra attention to any areas with built-up soap scum, mildew, or grime.
- Clean the toilet: Scrub the inside of the toilet bowl with a toilet brush and cleaning solution, and wipe down the exterior of the toilet with a disinfectant spray or cleaning solution.
- Clean the shower and tub: Use a scrub brush or sponge to clean the walls, floor, and fixtures of the shower and bath. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean cloth. Be sure to buff those areas that need it!
- Clean the sink and mirror: Use a cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth to clean the sink and plughole, as well as any mirrors or glass surfaces.
- Mop or sweep the floor: Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any hair or debris, and then mop the floor with a cleaning solution.
- Organise your supplies: Store your cleaning supplies in a designated area, such as under the sink, so they are easily accessible for future cleaning tasks.
- Develop a regular cleaning schedule: To keep your bathroom clean and hygienic, develop a regular cleaning schedule that includes daily tasks (like wiping down surfaces and cleaning the toilet) as well as weekly or monthly tasks (like deep cleaning the shower or bath).
I hope these tips help you keep your bathroom clean and fresh!